Journal 5
The
fact that I almost at the end of the semester is unbelievable since I thought at
first I could not make it through this subject smoothly. However, after all,
this is an amazing journey that I will gladly and do not mind sharing my
experience with my juniors. Critical Literacy is a though yet a subject that gives
a lot of benefits to us. For instance, it increases the way we critically think
to elaborate some answers as well as sharpening our writing and reading skills.
From
what I think, as I begin to learn the subject, I find it quite interesting yet
full of complexity since the subject requires students to think critically in
most of the topic given. The most interesting part is, I gain a lot of new
knowledge about our country since most of the tasks given involving us to
analyze a lot of articles. For example, the article about Dr Sheikh Muszaphar,
our first astronaut. I never knew the controversy about him before this. Hence,
this subject makes me realize that I need to do a lot of research and reading in
order to gain a new knowledge about something. With that being said, the
reading task in this subject is not a ‘meaningless’ reading, but a reading with
our brain critically examines, analyze and evaluate
the meaning of the texts just to deeply understand the content of the article
we are required to read. For an average student like me, I find the skills we
got from this subject are really beneficial to be applied in other subjects as
well.
Last
but not least, I really love and appreciate my lecturer’s effort in making her
students have a better understanding regarding the subject. In every task she gives, she will provide some examples for us to refer in order to prevent
us from doing any simple mistakes in the tasks. I believe her thoughtful action
really help us to do a lot better in this subject. I am glad that I met this
subject and have a really supportive friends, lecturers and family that always encourages
me to keep going. I hope my friends and I will get flying colors in Critical
Literacy just like how much effort we put throughout the subject.

Comments
Post a Comment