Journal 1

       

Question: You heard comments and maybe grievances from your seniors about Critical Literacy, but what is/are your expectation (s) or hope for this course as you are just started?

     First of all, before entering a new semester, it is a must for me to get to know what type of subjects I am going to learn next. I believe this is normal for most of the students as we want to be well prepared mentally and physically. Hence, at the end of semester 3, as we were still in the phase of online learning and quite difficult to keep in touch with our seniors, my classmates and I take a chance to ask our lecturers instead about the criteria of the new subjects that we are going to learn in the upcoming semester. That is when I know that Critical Literacy is one of the subjects and get to know a little bit about it.

    Just by looking at the name of the subject, it gives me shivers because of the first impression I had towards the word ‘critical’. I really hope the subject is not going to be that ‘critical’ just like its name. However, what comforts me after seeing ‘literacy’ is that the subject might have some sort of literature in it which makes me love it a lot. In previous semester, I really enjoyed learning literature and I would say it is one of my favorite subjects. Hence, I hope the same thing would happen to Critical Literacy. Hate at the first sight but full of love along the journey. My expectation towards this subject is that maybe it is going to be one of the hardest yet a meaningful one since most of the lecturers said we are going to write and read a lot. Also, it requires us to think critically most of the time to get the right answer. It sounds really difficult, but I love to dare myself and get out of my comfort zone until I feel satisfied with the achievement I got after went through the hardest part of something challenging.

     My hope is that I get to go through this semester alongside Critical Literacy subject smoothly despite the hardship and challenge that I might face along the way. Other than that, even though this subject might be tough, I hope I will still be doing well in all the upcoming assignments and tests. Lastly, may my friends and I pass the subject with flying colors and get a positive outcome by learning and understanding Critical Literacy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal 5

Journal 4